By Waldemar Heckel,J. C. Yardley
- Provides finished assurance of Alexander, from his relations historical past to his army conquests, loss of life and legacy.
- Includes titanic extracts of texts written by means of historians, geographers, biographers and army writers.
- A basic creation and introductions to every bankruptcy set the resources in context.
- Also encompasses a bibliography of contemporary works, visible assets and a map of Alexander's
Read or Download Alexander the Great: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History) PDF
Best general european biographies books
What's usually forgotten approximately Robert Burns is that he was once a prolific author of letters and had the power to correspond with humans from each stroll of lifestyles. while his poems and songs have been composed within the Scots dialect, his letters have been written in excellent English prose. a lot of his letters to his platonic lover, Clarinda, are to be came upon the following in addition to many from Clarinda to Burns.
Because the final Stuart monarch, Queen Anne (1665-1714) bought the schooling idea right for a princess, studying performs and poetry in English and French whereas studying dancing, making a song, performing, drawing, and instrumental track. As an grownup, she performed the guitar and the harpsichord, danced frequently, and took a connoisseur's curiosity in all of the arts.
During this masterly biography, F. S. L. Lyons tackles the existence and instances of 1 of the best Irish statesmen of recent instances. one among smooth Irish biography’s nice triumphs, Charles Stewart Parnell hasn't ever been approached or passed. Charles Stewart Parnell, an enigmatic, icy aristocrat, was once the not likely and unchallenged chief of Irish nationalism from the mid-1870s, in its early heroic section.
Within the first English-language biography of 1 of an important figures in postwar German background, Alfred C. Mierzejewski examines the lifestyles and repair of Ludwig Erhard (1897-1977), West Germany's first minister of economics and moment chancellor. Erhard liberalized the German economic system in 1948 and is usually thought of the daddy of West Germany's "economic miracle--the interval of remarkable progress in jobs and development within the lifestyle within the Nineteen Fifties that helped stabilize Germany's first winning democracy.
- The Gothic King: A Biography of Henry III
- Conqueror's Son: Duke Robert Curthose, Thwarted King
- Les Félins de Brunswick: Henri le Lion, duc de Saxe, et ses fils : l'empereur Otton IV, le comte palatin Henri (XIIe et XIIIe siècles) (French Edition)
Extra info for Alexander the Great: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History)
Alexander the Great: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History) by Waldemar Heckel,J. C. Yardley